Have you ever noticed all those fancy letters behind Boca Raton Florida REALTORÒ’s names? What do they mean? Are they important? Let’s learn the alphabet of Boca Raton Florida REALTOR® “designations.”
The National Association of Boca Raton Florida REALTORS® endorses several designations that are awarded after completing approved programs of study. Designation programs help Boca Raton Florida REALTORS® master specific areas of practice.
Earning any designation takes commitment, time, and money and allows the Boca Raton Florida REALTORÒ to keep up with the newest trends and ideas. Those letters behind a Boca Raton Florida REALTORÒ’s name help to establish credibility.
Types Of Designations
REALTORS® earn designations for different reasons. Let’s take a look at the significance of some of the designations and the meaning behind all of those letters:
• ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative). Offered by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council at 800-648-6224, the ABR focuses on buyer agency education. Note: the ABRM (Accredited Buyer Representative Manager) is offered by REBAC for real estate firm brokers, owners, and managers.
• CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member). CCIMs are recognized experts in commercial real estate brokerage, leasing, asset management valuation, and investment analysis. The designation is offered by the Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute, 800-621-7027.
• CIPS (Certified International Property Specialist). CIPS designees learn to work with buyers and sellers from different countries and cultures. The designation is offered by NAR, 800-354-2831.
• CRB (Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager). The CRB program trains brokerage owners and managers to meet personal and professional challenges. It is offered by the Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council, 800-621-8738.
• CRS (Certified Residential Specialist). CRS designees complete advanced study in residential listing and selling to meet established production levels. The CRS is the designation of the Council of Residential Specialists, 800-462-8841.
• GRI (Graduate, Boca Raton Florida REALTOR® Institute). The Boca Raton Florida REALTOR® Institute of Virginia, 800-755-8271, provides residential real estate professionals with a solid base of information for their practice.
• LTG (Leadership Training Graduate). Offered by the Women’s Council of Boca Raton Florida REALTORS®, 800-245-8512, the LTG designation focuses on career improvement and individual goal attainment. Designees are professionals who excel in leadership at all stages of their career.
• SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Boca Raton Florida REALTORS®). The designation offered by SIOR, 202-737-8763, is for top producers in the areas of industrial and office real estate brokerage.